Hello Ladies of The League Club
Please Save the Date!
Monday, March 11, 2019
The League Club’s New Fundraiser
Celebrating Style, Food and Fun
Naples Tables will feature:
- A delicious luncheon at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort
- Imaginative presentations of both elegantly and whimsically designed table tops
- A lively presentation by James Farmer, a professional gardener, floral and interior designer, cook, author and lifestyle expert
- A Saturday evening, March 9, Patron Party in a beautiful setting ___________________________________________________________
The League Club Plans Ahead!
Thank you to the 258 TLC members (out of a total of 590 emails sent) who responded to the “Planning Ahead” survey. This 44% return rate is truly remarkable - much higher than the vast majority of all surveys sent.
The results are:
1) 64% prefer a variety of days and times for meetings and events
2) Lunch was the most popular time, but breakfast and late afternoon also received many votes
3) The type of event most requested was 5-7:00 pm with speaker or entertainment. Betsy Barton’s son’s presentation a couple years ago set the bar very high and was mentioned several times.
4) The second most requested was a bus trip (plans are in the works right now)
5) Following close behind - 5-7:00 pm without a speaker
6) which was tied with 'Welcome Back Party'
Many of you offered comments and suggestions and we appreciate your thoughtful responses. In our planning for next year, we are addressing such issues as prices for lunch, offering a variety of educational programs, finding event locations both north and south, as well as central, presenting a “new” fundraiser, offering an arts related program, changing “Girls’ Night Out” to February so more members will be in town, and in general, finding ways to enjoy each other and our club in a wide variety of circumstances.
A full calendar of programs and events will appear in our fall newsletter, and in the meantime, please watch for updates in the weekly eblasts.
Membership renewals were due on May 1, 2019 in the amount of $200.
Our software system automatically generated a 'past due reminder' to those members who are in arrears. The email message had incorrect renewal information and we apologize to those members who received the email in error.
The correct amount for dues renewal is $200 PLUS
an additional $25 late fee.
$225 DUES RENEWAL. ACT NOW!
Community Involvement Committee
We want YOU as a volunteer!
CIC is a dynamic and fascinating committee
that teaches you about our local community.
You will hear proposals and visit nonprofit agencies seeking grants from
TLC's Community Trust Fund.
If you are interested in serving and
becoming a volunteer for CIC, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org Marilyn Bartter, VP Community.
"Ah...We are Timeless"
Wednesday, June 13
You may register by credit card by clicking HERE or by check sent to The League Club, PO Box 110868, Naples, FL 34108
July Luncheon at Bayside
Located in The Shops at Venetian Village
Tuesday, July 10 at noon
You may register by credit card by clicking HERE or by check sent to The League Club PO Box 110868, Naples, FL 34108
"What's Up? Potluck"
Potluck Dinner at the home of Suzie Kountz
September 13 at 6 PM
Have a wonderful week!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
(Events underlined and highlighted link to more information or online registration.)Gr